Buckwheat flour is a gluten free alternative to wheat flour. Roti or Chapatti is eaten everyday by the people of subcontinent one way or the other even 3 times a day by some. Buckwheat flour can be used to make roti on its own if you are gluten intolerant or it can be mixed with other flours also if you aren’t gluten intolerant.
Here in the below recipe we will teach you how to make Buckwheat flour Roti or Chapatti.
- 1/2 cup Buckwheat flour,
- 1 heaping tbsp flaxseed powder,
- salt to taste
- Ajwain to taste (optional)
- Coconut oil or ghee to grease hands
- Hot water, as required for kneading the dough
- Mix thoroughly with hands, make a well and pour hot water.
- Keep mixing with a spoon as you pour till you get a sticky dough. Cover and keep for 30-45 minutes. The dough will harden a bit as flax soaks up some water.
- Grease your hands with coconut oil/ghee and knead to get a smooth dough.
- Divide and roll the rotis, using some dry buckwheat flour to dust, so as to prevent sticking on the rolling surface.
- Cook like wheat roti and serve with ghee and your favorite curry.
Do give us your feedback about this Recipe.
The Buckwheat sold by Himalayas Organic Foods is sourced from high altitude Organic Villages of Himalayas and Karakorum mountains of the Gilgit Baltistan region. You can read more about buckwheat by visiting our BLOG. Also, you can visit our SHOP and place orders online to be delivered at your doorsteps within 2 to 3 working days.