Makes 15-16 cookies
Its better resting the dough in the fridge overnight before making them to yield a thicker, chewier cookie. But if you’re impatient you can bake the cookies right away, but your dough will spread more, resulting in a thinner cookie.
1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted and kept warm
1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons buckwheat flour
1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1/4 cup packed light brown sugar
1/4 cup white granulated sugar
3/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1 cup coarsely chopped bittersweet chocolate (60 – 70% cacao mass)
1/2 cup walnuts toasted, cooled, coarsely chopped (optional)
1. Position oven rack in the middle of the oven and preheat to 375º. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flours, baking soda and salt. Combine the sugars in a large bowl, then stir in the warm, melted butter. Whisk in the egg and vanilla extract.
3. Stir the dry ingredients into the butter mixture until almost combined, then stir in the chocolate chunks and nuts (if using) to distribute evenly.
4. You can either bake the cookies immediately, or cover the dough and let it rest for up to 2 hours at room temperature, or overnight in the fridge, bringing the dough back to room temperature before scooping. In either case, scoop rounded tablespoons of dough and place them on the parchment-lined baking sheets 3 inches apart.
5. Bake the cookies until the edges are just set and the centers are puffed and soft (but not wet), rotating the pans front to back and top to bottom after 5 minutes, for a total time of around 8 or 9 minutes.
6. Let the cookies cool on the pans. Like most drop cookies, these are at their peak when they are just cool enough to lift off of the baking sheet. The cookies will keep in an airtight container for several days at room temperature.
Himalayas Organic Foods in Pakistan is striving to bring the Pure Organic Buckwheat products to the health conscious consumers all over Pakistan. The buckwheat is sourced from high altitude Organic Villages of Himalayas and Karakorum mountains of Gilgit Baltistan region. You can read more about buckwheat by visiting our BLOG. Also you can visit our SHOP and place orders online to be delivered at your door steps within 2 to 3 working days.